Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Snakes... I hate snakes...unless it is Aunt June

Today was my usual Tuesday mornig swim. However after a long weakend that included a total of 150 miles on the bike, an 1 hr open water swim, 12 mile run and a Sunday nite party I didn't feel like getting out of bed at 5:15 BFS (before f'n sunlite). Yet I hauled my a@@ out of bed and rode my bike to the pool only to find my friend "Mr. I Want-2-B-Alone" already there walking around the pool. It is our custom or rule to walk around the pool to look for snakes. Yes snakes that slink into the pool overnite and can't get back out over the lip. This morning Mr. I-Want-2-B-Alone found a nice 3 ft Cottonmouth Water Moccasin doing his snakey morning laps in the pool. Not wanting to kill any animal or mammal because it might be a relative (I'm sure my Aunt June came back as a snake), I was for rescuing the venomous snake. But it was not to be. Aunt June put up a good fight but alas she is now reincarnated into another being.

Today's Buddhist meditation comes from Buddha -

You will not be punished for anger, you will be punished by it.

That will teach you snakes to stay out of the human pool!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Poor Aunt Jane--that was her lost love, you know...maybe he'll reincarnate quickly and she won't suffer too much heartbreak. :P

Suzie said...

I wonder where she will turn up next?