Thursday, August 16, 2007

Waking Up

I had my "procedure" yesterday which involved general anesthesia, wow what a good rest. I didn't want to wake up! Yup I was so deeply under they could have done anything and I wouldn't have cared. I haven't slept that well in ....let's see years!

When I got the recovery room the nice looking gay (male) nurse offered to sell me the nude photo package. Would some one explain to me why the good looking guys are gay? How did I know he was gay ...well I asked! life is to short when you're me to wait around for an invite. Hey I still have a brain tumor that I might just crap out at anytime.

The doc came to see me to tell me those things that were removed doesn't look good so they are of to a lab and we will know in 14 days. They even gave me pictures to give to my oncologist. Can't you hurry it up? Who wants to wait 14 days for bad news? I'm I'll wait for good news but I kinda already know it's bad so just get it over and tell me now! Can you say chemo? again? OK well it stalls the interferon.

So they told me not to eat much, drive for 48 hrs and absolutely no alcohol for 24 hours.

When I left the surgie center I went immediately to the Ale house had a triple burger, cheese fries and 3 draft beers (Yuengling of course). I got home to a nice bottle of Chardonnay and a box of Cheese Its. And yes I drove to work this morning....hey if you're going to make me wait 14 days, I'm going to do what I f'n want! O yea and I rode my bike to the pool and swam for 45 minutes.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow . . . I am always too worried NOT to follow doctor's orders so I wouldn't be able to do that!

As for the kayaking . . . you should definitely do it. You have more control in a kayak than in a canoe.

Em

Rene Perez said...

You know what? Sounds like you have a better grip on life than most people do. Keep on keepin' on!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you have to wait that long. That is sooooooo not fair. Sounds like you know how to keep yourself busy while you wait.

Heather Harper said...

Email me your addy and I can send you some books. I have a large book bag full of mostly new books that I'm going to donate to the library. I can send you a box tomorrow if you are interested.

Guilty Secret said...

Oh dear 14 days - how rubbish! I think you need a little project to get stuck into so you don't feel like you're just sitting around waiting. It doesn't seem like you have been so far though, so good on ya', girl!

Laurie Tomlinson said...

I like your approach to life and medicine! I have a condition that makes me have to get lots of "procedures" and I can barely walk straight when they are finished and say the goofiest things. My boyfriend's going to experience this with me for the first time soon! Can't wait!

Question: Cycling - does your butt ever feel better? What type of bike should I get if I want one that will do trails AND road riding?

The re-awakening of an Athlete said...

Hey there again.

You know, I have to confess I did not realize there is a "condition" that you have, until I came back third time when I had time to read a bit about your blog.

I hope all will be well and that is about all I can offer.

And I probably would have done the same thing after leaving the office.